I am the founding editor of Urban Faith, The Magazine and author of The Tenacity of Hope. A Best-Faith Based blog winner, my passions are leadership, discipleship, and Christian writing and publishing. I am currently the Director of Operations at Victory Cathedral Worship Center.
On this site I write about Christ, Sports, and Culture. My mission here is to faithfully engage the digital community in matters of faith. I live at the intersection of culture and the Cross. I speak at various conferences and events, touching on relationships, discipleship, spiritual disciplines, and faithfulness to Scripture. I live in Chicago, Illinois with my wife Sheridan, our son, John III aka Scooter and daughter, Shiloh.
My Top Posts
You might be new to my site. If so, I wanted to share some of my top posts in each of the categories lists on the blog:
- Five Versions of the Bible I Read
- Rob Bell and Carlton Pearson: Heretics or Misunderstood?
- The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions
- When It Comes To Sin…
- Pulpits, Pimps, and Progress: A Lament
- 3 Things We Think We Can Do As a Christian, But We Can’t
- Confessions of a Black Seminarian
- The Lot Syndrome: How Husbands Fail Their Wives
- Black Man’s Kryptonite: The Booty
- Three Ways To Know A Man Loves You (Think Like A Man Series)
- Tyler Perry, Bishop Jakes, and the Widow
- Jeremy Lin: Honorary African-American or Outsider?