Topics This Episode
:37 Why would God allow someone to walk into a church and shoot and kill Christians?
10:49 How can we support #MeToo voices and advocate for victims of sexual harassment and abuse?
18:53 Is there a way to remain faithful to the gospel and, at the same time, walk in our wokeness on social issues?
26:26 What we’re reading
29:45 Closing shout outs
– “Don’t hide from tough questions; don’t be afraid to say you don’t know.” – @C_Lass @BoxAnd1Podcast
– “You can’t get through pain apart from the one who has both experienced and can take away that pain.” – @JohnCRichardsJr @BoxAnd1Podcast
“Only one person in history has been able to have all power but not abuse it.” – @C_Lass @BoxAnd1Podcast
“You don’t need to be an either…or Christian when it comes to evangelism and justice, but a both…and one.” – @JohnCRichardsJr @BoxAnd1Podcast
“I never want to get to a place of wokeness where we can’t ask the question whether something is being governed by the gospel.” – @C_Lass @BoxAnd1Podcast
Resources Mentioned This Episode
- Me Too by Breanna Stewart
- Secrets by J’Son
- Secrets, Pt. 2 by J’Son
- Is the Gospel No Longer for Black Christians? by Darrell Harrison
- A Departure for Evangelicalism by Chrys Jones
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Paul David Tripp
- Healing the Wounded Heart: The Heartache of Sexual Abuse and the Hope of Transformation by Dan Allender
- Using Illustrations to Preach with Power by Bryan Chappel