Boss. I never thought one word would be used so much in our culture. Thanks a lot Rick Ross. Now I have to put up with folks in my Facebook News Feed who think everything they do is #boss. Well I’m tired of it. And I hope other folks are tired of it too. It’s tax season. Tax season has a way of turning folks into temporary “bosses”. First of all, here’s a news flash for you. You are NOT getting a refund. The government is just giving you back money you lent them last year. And they got it interest free!! I wanted to put together a guide for everyone before those refund checks starting rolling in. I will simply call it:
You’re NOT A Boss If….
1. You pull a luxury vehicle into the driveway of a rented home.
2. You buy everyone drinks in the club on Friday night and work 80 hours overtime the next week to pay your bills.
3. Your house/apartment is filled with Rent-A-Center items to impress company (Rent-A-Center, by the way, is one step below loan sharks).
4. Your club outfit is also your church outfit.
5. You take pictures of other people’s cars and stick them on your Facebook page.
6. You have an iPad with dial up AOL internet access at home.
7. You buy a Bentley emblem and toss it on your Chrysler 300. It’s still a Chrysler.
8. You are an aspiring model and bathroom camera phone pictures are part of your portfolio.
9. You have a new iPhone and the account is in your child’s name.
10. You basically tithe at the strip club, but only tip God.
Know of some things that wanna be ballers do?
Anything else you can think of to add to this list?